Monday, November 11, 2013

I’m A Winner

Have you seen the latest craze about rubber band jewelry?  You can use a rainbow loom, crochet hook, or just your hands to make many variations of bracelets, etc.  There are examples all over the net and on YouTube, giving you instructions on how to make the rubber band jewelry.  I put my name in a drawing for a rubber band jewelry book thinking that some day I would have grandchildren that would love this.

RainbowLoomInstructionBook

A few days later, I received this e-mail:

Dear Marsha,

Thank you for entering the Awesome Rubber Band Jewelry Book Giveaway.  Congratulations, your name was drawn as one of the three WINNERS!

Can you please send me the following information so that I am able to forward it to the publisher.  They will send you your prize directly. 

Full Name

Mailing Address

Telephone Number

Congratulations again!

Susannah Findlay

Creative Mama on a Dime

Twitter: @CreativeMamaOAD

FB: Creative Mama on a Dime

I have been following this blog for some time and knew it was legit so I sent off my information.  Now all I had to do was wait for my prize.  The very next day, I received this e-mail:

Hi Marsha,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the contest was only open to Canadian residents.  I am very sorry but the publisher won't allow winners from the USA.

Sorry,
Susannah Findlay

Creative Mama on a Dime

Twitter: @CreativeMamaOAD

FB: Creative Mama on a Dime

Ah, downer.  It was no fault of the Creative Mama blog or the publisher, it was me, all me.  I failed to see and read the writing printed at the end of the blog stating….. Please note: The giveaway is open to Canadian residents over the age of 18 only.   

I guess you could say I am a Winner/Loser all in one breath.  It pays to read all information given, huh!  Oh well, I was a winner for a day – happy day!

I will continue following this blog as she has some fantastic stuff that she posts in regards to family, good finds on a dime, fun and food.

No comments: