Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Little Home???

 As I was driving around yesterday, looking for my awe shot (that photo I'm waiting to come across that is just going to knock my socks off), I came across this little, old abandoned building.  In the 31 years I've lived in this little valley, I've never noticed this place.  I started to wonder if it was a home, a shed, a storage building, or what it once was.  Then I took notice of the water pump in the front of the place and what looked to be address numbers on the side.  From those clues, and I could be wrong, but I'm guessing a family lived there at some time.  I tried to imagine who lived there.......what type of family it was.  I'm choosing to believe that it was a happy little family with children helping their mother during the day and waiting for their daddy to come home from work at night, with excited anticipation.  Then, I see the father picking up the children and giving them a little toss into the air and seeing their smiling little faces as they giggle with glee.  I'd much rather see this little place as a happy home than just an old abandoned shed.  But, then again, I thought the little building found in this blog was much more than the answer I was told about what it was, too.  Oh well, I'm still choosing to believe in the best and I hope I never hear any different.


1 comment:

Seth and Natalie said...

I'm trying to post comments and blogger won't let me! Once again, I will say that I like your optimistic attitude, and your version of this happy home.