Saturday, November 12, 2011

Just a Skiff

Bur-r-r-r-r!  This morning around 8am, it was snowing and the wind was blowing.  Now, it is close to 9:30am and the sun is out and it looks to be a beautiful day, but as we all know, looks can be deceiving.  The wind is still blowing and the snow is lightly coming down.  I decided to take some pictures on this basis.......Mady, a friend of both my girls, took a picture of a light snow falling she had in her area and stated that it looks like a baker was having some fun and sprinkled the earth with some powdered sugar.  This made me chuckle.  I loved her perspective on a skiff of snow.  I will always look at a skiff of snow through different eyes.


I wish the snow could always be just a skiff or maybe an inch or two, just to cover the ground and everything that looks so barren.  I must admit, the whiteness of the snow adds a glow of beauty to the earth.  But, with just a little snow, it would melt off the roads, making them good for traveling and we could still enjoy the quiet beauty.  Yep, lets keep the deep stuff up in the mountains.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your pictures look pretty. All we have had is wind wind wind and more wind