Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Walk the Walk.....Talk the Talk

On our walk this morning, I paused to take a breathtaking picture of the view from our turn around point.  Our little jaunt is just over 3 miles and with all the views and of course yakity, yaking, the walk, even though taking us 1 hour to accomplish seems much shorter than that.  It's always a refreshing way to begin the day.

The next couple of pictures are views of White Knob.  It's a mountain that is continually white the entire year.  Here it is towards the end of July and there are still patches of snow on it.  It is a beautiful mountain and from what I can gather off the Internet, it has a core of limestone through which thrust intrusions of granite.



Every time I travel the road to and from walking, I see this little old building.  It looks like such an interesting place from history and in my minds eye, I envisioned it as being an old school house or something really fascinating.  That being said, I called the people that live near the building and asked about it.  Well, my images were totally deflated as the information given was...........it used to be an old hog slaughter house.  Fascinating - right?

I know I'm almost home when I cross the old river bridge.  Not only is my walk beautiful but getting there and back are also beautiful.

No comments: