Saturday, November 5, 2011

Like a Thief in the Night

Like a thief in the night, old man winter is slowly making his way into our little valley to rob us of the abundance of warmth we have had, literally.  It has stayed warm for so long this season that I was beginning to wonder if winter was going to show and sort of hoping that it wouldn't.  The mountains around us are getting snow and we had, what you would call, a "skiff" of snow this morning.  I am so-o-o not ready for the cold.  The visions of scraping windows, shoveling snow to make a path out, not getting fresh air in the house by having to keep all the windows closed, slick roads, etc, etc, etc, are not what I would call pleasant.  Can you tell I am not a winter person, really.  Other than the joyous feeling I get from the "Christmas Spirit", and the beautiful photo opportunities, I do not like winter.  But, I also know that we do need our winters to replenish our little valley in the Spring.


No comments: