Friday, November 18, 2011

Cinnamon/Sugar Toast

I really hate to admit this, but.....................................basically every morning for breakfast I have two slices of cinnamon/sugar toast.  That's not the part I don't want to fess up to.  It's what I did to my poor toast, morning before last.  I mistakenly grabbed the sea salt shaker and proceeded to put it on my toast, thinking I had the cinnamon/sugar shaker.  It wasn't coming out as fast as usual so I spun the dial around (that should have been my first clue I had the wrong shaker) to get bigger holes so the cinnamon/sugar (so I thought) would come out faster.  I was really having a "DUH" moment!  As I was putting the shaker away, that is when it occurred to me that I had grabbed the wrong shaker.  I thought, no problem, I will just shake off the salt and then put on my cinnamon/sugar mix.  Well, the butter had already melted on the toast, making it impossible to shake off the salt.  I didn't want to waste the two slices of toast so I decided to dump (more than usual) some cinnamon/sugar mixture on top of the salt.  I'm not going to bother you with the details of how bad it tasted but I ate both slices, still not wanting to waste the bread.  I'm telling you, again, I was really having a total "DUH" moment!  Boy did my childhood memories come flooding back to me about the times we switched the salt and sugar around on April Fools Day.  I didn't get a picture of my toast so I robbed one off of the Internet.

3 comments:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Ha ha! Nice, Mom. I would have thrown the two pieces of bread away. You fed bread to the dog every morning for 17 years! What's two slices? You're funny. Waste not, want not, I guess. It's good to be frugal.

Anonymous said...

I agree, I would have thrown them away... It's funny you post this because this is what Hayden and I had for breakfat this morning and we actually have it quit a bit. It's one of my favorites, I must say! Good for you for being able to choke it down, lol.

-Tiff-

Seth and Natalie said...

This is funny. I am really laughing because I would just have tossed them and lived without my cinnamon toast. Good job working through it, though.