Sunday, November 6, 2011

Just Thistles.....I Think Not

After church today, I once again took a little detour to the mine hill bridge.  I had an early meeting so my husband and I took separate cars which enables me for some photo taking on the way home.  I took some pictures, came home, then loaded them on my computer.  Evan came in and asked if I got some good pictures.  Of course I said yes and proceeded to show him the pictures.  He said, "Marsha, those are just thistles".  It wasn't just that statement he commented on, but it was his tone....like, I think my wife is going bananas.  I explained to him how beautiful I thought the dead thistles were and to look at the different shades of yellows and browns.  I guess it all depends on how you perceive things.  Take a look at these beautiful thistles and just try and tell me they are not unique and beautiful.
 





Back in August, I took a picture of this plant, not knowing if it was a tree, a bush, or a weed.  To this day, I still do not know what it is.


As I was on my way back from the bridge, I noticed these same plants, but now in a dead version.  At least I think it is the same plant.  I sure would like to know what it is.  If it is some kind of bad weed that spreads, we need to get it off the property and let it thrive somewhere else that I can go to and get my photography "Happy", on.

 



1 comment:

Seth and Natalie said...

I can totally hear Evan saying that. I like those pictures though, they are very unique. Great perspective.