Monday, November 14, 2011

A Style of Grace

You know, sometimes I complain that the deer ate my flowers or that they got in the garden or...........?  But when it comes right down to it, I couldn't imagine living away from them.  Tonight as I came home and pulled in the driveway, deer were scattering off the yard.  Then I noticed that just over the fence, there was an entire herd of deer.  I tried to count them and as near as I could tell, there were at least 25.  I never get tired of watching them.  There is a style of grace to the way they jump our fences and run...if you could call it running.  It's a bounding kind of leap run....I know, that doesn't make sense but it is beautiful to watch.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you didn't buy such pretty flowers and plant such nice gargens and hay fields he deer might find some place else to graze. But on the other hand look at all the pictures you would miss. Max

Seth and Natalie said...

They are beautiful, and your garden is very tempting to those deer. It makes driving past your house dangerous :)