Saturday, July 2, 2011

Like OZ, There's No Place Like Home

Yippiekiyah......was this sign a site to behold...literally!

Since May 28th, I have spent a total of 21 days in Lehi.  I like Utah for one reason....family.  All my brothers and sisters and extended family, one of my daughters, and my husbands brother and his family all live in the general area.  For me, it has grown so much that it just doesn't seem like home anymore.  Too many people, too much traffic, too many stores, too hot, too, too, too.  I could go on forever.  We did, however, keep our minds occupied doing some fun things when we were not attending to the estate.  We went to some garage sales, out to eat (numerous times), followed a hot air balloon, went to a parade (actually two parades..one was a horse parade but I didn't get any pictures because my camera was home on the charger), we went to the movie RIO, and we spent a few evenings at American Fork Canyon.  The canyon water was really muddy, swift, and high.  Sand bags were placed along the banks to keep the picnic areas from flooding.  All-in-all, it was definitely a busy time but I'm sure glad to have my feet back on IDAHO ground.  Below are some highlights of my days spent in Utah.







1 comment:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Looks like fun! Bummed that I missed out!