Friday, July 15, 2011

Service Project

Today I had the opportunity to do a "Service Project".  The school in our small town was given a grant to beautify the outside of the buildings.  There were quite a few people who turned out to help.  We planted trees and shrubs all around the school, the front entrance of the elementary school and along the side of the (what we call it) middle building that sits between the grade school and the high school.  It sure makes the area much more beautiful and a welcome place to be.  I work in the school system as a Para-Pro and I must say, I don't think you could find a better group of devoted teachers.  I've said it before and I'll definitely say it again...........gotta love the small towns!





2 comments:

Seth and Natalie said...

that looks so great! I spaced it being today, but wouldn't have made it anyways, since I got my kids to bed around 12:00 last night. We slept in instead of helping out.

Amber Sayer Walker said...

OH! It looks so good! It's fun to see a place where I had so many good memories be improved.