Sunday, July 3, 2011

Quenched Thirst

We received much needed moisture this year in our little valley.  Evan and I went for a ride up to the Reservoir last night just to see how high the water was since it warmed up.  As you can see, the water is high, leaving trees wading.


This evening, Evan and I went for a walk out back behind our home.  There was sub water everywhere, where just two weeks ago there was only a trace of water standing on the ground.  It sure makes for beautiful scenery but my thoughts are along with beautiful scenery will come the mosquitoes.  The mosquitoes are something I can do without......little pests!






Just before coming into the house, I thought I would take a picture of Evan's garden.  Would you look at the size of that thing.  If the deer don't get into it like they did last year, I think we will have a good crop.  Although, last year we did get a pretty good crop before the deer figured a way to get over the fence.  There's nothing better than fresh produce.....Mmm-m-m-m-m-m.

1 comment:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Wow! Wish our garden looked that good! Our plants aren't that tall since we didn't plant until late. Dad probably has a hard time weeding that thing. It's massive! Looks good though.