Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cutest Little Birds

This pair of birds are the cutest little things.  I took this picture this morning as we headed out the door on our way to Idaho Falls.  They must have a nest somewhere near our back door.  Every time we step outside, they are chirping away and flittering all over the place.  They are however, a very nice pair of birds, unlike the little blackbirds we had 3 years ago.  The blackbirds would dive bomb us every time we stepped out the door, coming very close to our heads.

Not sure what kind of birds they were, I decided to text my bird watching sister, Maxine.  Within minutes, she called me and told me they looked like Western Kingbirds.  My next step was to Google "Western Kingbird"......and guess what....they look the same as the pictures on the Internet.  I just went outside to see if I could get another picture.  I couldn't get a very good shot because the clouds have rolled in and it's kind of dismal and grey outside and it's getting late.  This morning, as you can tell, we had blue skies and it was very sunny.
  

1 comment:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

I wonder if Maxine can name trees as well as she can name birds. We're wondering what a certain tree in our yard is.