Saturday, July 9, 2011

Vintage Brass Kaleidoscope

Look at the great find I purchased today.  My friend, Peggy, and I went to the farmer's market, out to lunch, and a thrift store.  I bought a few items at the thrift store but the kaleidoscope I purchased was what I call a "steal deal" item.  I just love it.  It is a vintage, brass kaleidoscope with a double wheel that has pressed flowers inside both wheels.  I saw it lying there on the shelve and I wasn't sure what it was till I picked it up and started looking at it.  I noticed the small hole in one end and wondered if it was some kind of kaleidoscope.  I held it up to the light and gave the wheels a few twists, my suspicions were true.  It makes the most beautiful designs by turning the flowered wheels.  You can turn one wheel or both wheels at the same time, making different designs.  There are no markings on it but I looked it up on the Internet under vintage kaleidoscopes and found some interesting information.  My husband received a degree in custom woodworking when he went to college.  Making a stand for my new find could be a great "Honey Do" project for him.
 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how much do you think its worth