Thursday, May 5, 2016

Provo City Center Temple, Brick Oven and Jane Eyre

A few months ago, my daughter that lives in Utah called and told me to save the week of the 20th and come to Utah and play.  She kept me hopping the entire time…………………….literally. 
I arrived in Utah late afternoon on the 20th.  My daughter had tickets and plans for that evening but didn’t tell me what we were doing.  In our travels that evening, we drove past the Provo City Center Temple.  I wanted to take lots of pictures but thought (thought being the key word) I had left my camera battery in my luggage, which I was thinking was somewhere else………….long story short, I only took 3 pictures with plans to come back at a later time……and, due to time, that didn’t get to happen this trip.

IMG_2593

As we were headed to the activity we would be doing that evening, we decided to stop at the “Brick Oven” first, to get some pizza.  I used to frequent The Brick Oven when I was in my twenties.  It’s definitely hard to beat their pizza. The only difference is that it used to be called Heaps a Pizza and they have done some remodeling. 

1843widea

My pizza of choice is their garlic chicken.  Oh my…..taste bud explosion.  I love this pizza.  We actually went their twice.

image

After we were done with our pizza, we traveled to the Hale Center Theatre, in Orem, Utah.

image

My excitement level rose…………I love live theater.  Our showing was for Jane Eyre.  Love the movie – Loved the live play!

image

image

My mother/daughter evening was totally worth traveling to Utah! 

TO BE CONTINUED…………………………….

4 comments:

daiseedeb said...

Oh what a wonderful mother's day surprise!
So, we have something in common. Heaps of Pizza! I lived across the street in Amanda Knight Hall, and had alot of garlic bread and apple beer! I also broke up with my future husband a couple of times there.
; )
I'm glad you had such a good time. I can hardly wait to hear the rest!!!!

LeAnn said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun. I will love your next chapter. I would so love to have a moment with my daughters or one of my daughters. They all live so far away and of course, now we are on our mission. I miss them so much and my boys and their sweet companions too. I am so happy that you had such a treasured moment of time.
Sending loving thoughts your way and thanks for this heartfelt post! The pizza sounds so good too~ Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a nice time spending time in Utah with family...Max

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha!

It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your daughter! I love live theater as well, I think it's so fun. I hope you get many more fun trips this summer!

Hugs,
Barb