Friday, May 6, 2016

Manti Temple

I, along with my daughter and my sister, had never attended the Manti Temple, so on Thursday, April 21, 2016, we were on the road to Manti.  We arrived a little early so we drove down the main road looking for a place to eat.  There was only one place that we spotted, and Miller’s Drive-Thru Ice Cream & Donut Shoppe, was it.  It was a nice little place with good food. 

Millers 1

With our stomachs full, we headed back down the road to the Manti Temple.  This temple is one of my favorites.  Lot’s of history is placed all throughout this temple.  All the furniture was set for its time and the stone arch-way that the buggies used to drive through was kept in the temple and was included in the remodeling.  You can read and see more about the Manti Temple here, and here, and many other sites.
After our session, one of the workers took us on a little tour of the inside of the temple.  We actually had the privilege of seeing and touching the well-known spiral staircase.  When we had finished our tour, we decided to go down to the cafeteria and get some dessert.  Ahem…….we actually saw that they had chicken and rice soup on the menu so we each got a small bowl of soup with a slice of bread and a piece of pie – DELICIOUS!
When we left the temple, we decided to walk around the grounds before heading home.  The following are a few (LOTS) photos that I took………
IMG_2620

IMG_2600

IMG_2602

IMG_2597

IMG_2598

IMG_2604

IMG_2607

IMG_2608

IMG_2611

IMG_2612

IMG_2613

IMG_2616

IMG_2617

IMG_2619

IMG_2622

For a short distance of 97 miles from my sisters home to the Temple, this is one drive I will definitely be taking again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a fantastic day. I really enjoyed our day together. Waiting for the next one....Max

LeAnn said...

I think it is so awesome that you wee able to go to the Manti temple. It does have some remarkable history. I was sealed to my parents and two brothers when I was 7 years old. I had a sweet sister caring for me and she let me go up the spiral staircase just a little ways. It was breaking a rule as I remember.
Thanks for sharing all of your awesome pictures.
I am sure the temple food was good it usually is in all the temples that have a cafeteria.
Wishing you dear friend a very Happy Mother's Day! I am sending loving thoughts your way~

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha!

Your pictures are beautiful! We have been to the Manti Temple twice, and both times, it was closed. One day, I will make it there.
Have a very happy Mother's Day!!

Hugs,
Barb