Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Painting - Daughter Activities Continued

On Friday, April 22nd, while visiting with my daughter in Utah, her swamp cooler broke and water was continually dripping from the top of her doorway frame into her bathroom and hallway.  The rest of the entire day was spent going between Home Depot and Lowe’s, trying to find parts to fix it.  Thanks to my cousin, everything was eventually repaired.
The Next day, Saturday, April 23rd, we were back to playing.  That afternoon, we headed to Salt Lake City….me still not having a clue what my daughter had planned.  We eventually drove by a building called “Lumpys Sports Bar”, and jokingly, I stated……oh, is that where we are going”?  Guess what her answer was!

IMG_2630She was quite nervous about taking me there but it was all good.  We walked in and when I saw all the huge televisions lining the walls, my first thought was whoopee, were going to sit around a sports bar and watch sports for two hours.  My daughter quickly informed me that our activity was not there but probably down in the basement of the establishment, so down the stairs we headed…………  We were about to go on a painting adventure.  Yes!  It was a paint and take class….. everything was set up and ready to go.

IMG_2631

IMG_2633 
The theme of these classes are “Drink Creatively”, but from what I could see, no one was really drinking.  Everyone was so busy painting that they didn’t really have time to drink.  It really was a fun afternoon.

IMG_2639

This is a copy of the instructors painting and he admitted that he had painted it at 3am and was probably a little drunk at the time………. and actually, the way he described it, it was pretty funny.

IMG_2634

We started off by making the sky hues and the entire painting was done using only four colors of paint…red, blue, yellow, and black.

IMG_2635

There were approximately 40 people taking the class and as we were walking around looking at all the finished paintings, every painting was totally different. 
This is my final project……….

IMG_2637

And here I am with my daughter, proudly posing with our paintings.

paint nite

Would I do this again……..ABSOLUTELY!  What fun.

3 comments:

daiseedeb said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day adventure you had! How lovely Marsha! ; )

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha!

I love it! You and your daughter are wonderful artists! I've always thought that a "paint and take" art class looked like fun, but never knew anyone who had actually done it! I think it would be a fun activity for YW. So glad you got to play for a whole week-end - put two gorgeous red-heads together and look what happens!!!

Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a blast and your pictures are cool. I new you were artistic but didn't realize she was so good. I like her bird sitting in the tree. Glad you had a good time...Max