Thursday, January 28, 2016

ELMO LOVE

Monday, I traveled to Challis with a friend to go see Dr. John (chiropractor).  I can tell when I need to make a visit to Dr. John when my body starts getting charley horses in my back and legs.  I try to make a visit at least once a year and he has never failed me yet.  Charly Horses………………GONE!
After we were through seeing Dr. John, we went to eat lunch at a little pizza place called “Antonio’s”.  The receptionist at Dr. John’s said it had been sold and was under new management and that the food was really good.  Yes indeed, the food was very good.  Both my friend and I had the salad bar and a cup of creamy cauliflower soup.  Everything is homemade, including the dressings at the salad bar.  Mmm, mmm – Next trip to Challis will be another stop at Antonio’s.
The  “A Dream Away Reality”, site has lots of photos inside and out if you want to see what Antonio’s looks like.
Our next adventure was to head to the “HUB”.  The Hub is a second-hand thrift store on main street.  The store was very clean and you can’t beat the prices.  We’re talking like…………very cheap.  While browsing the toy section, I came across an Elmo.  Now, if you’ve read one of my recent blogs, you will know that Elmo is my grandson’s idol at the moment.  Everything ELMO!  Elmo was a little scroungy, but for the price of .25 cents, a good bath, the spin cycle on the dryer and a hair blower, it was worth the chance of buying him.  Elmo is now all clean and fluffly and ready to be loved by my grandson.

IMG_2311

Oh, and look how cute……..when you push his tummy, he opens his mouth.

IMG_2312

Can’t you just hear him singing……La la – la la, la la – la la, Elmo’s world………………..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That turned your cute. He will really like that. Sounds like you had a fun day...Max

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Oh, my gosh! I didn't know that you had bought that. He will LOVE it! You do realize that you're enabling Grayson's unhealthy addiction, right? ;c)

Barb said...

Hi Marsha~

I'm glad you are feeling better, ouch, nothing worse than a charlie horse!

I love to find a little out of the way place with good food, and it seems like we go through Challis at least once a year. Thanks for the tip, we will try it! Of course if we go through Challis, I will be calling you, just sayin'.

I really love a good thrift store, and it looks like you found the buy of the day. Elmo looks like he is brand new! Your little grand will love him, he's so cute, all fluffed up and clean!

Stay warm, I hear you are going to get more snow!

Hugs,
Barb







LeAnn said...

I love that you got your pain taken care of. Your lunch sounded yummy so if we come that way someday we will try it. Elmo is adorable. I like to browse 2nd hand stores for bargains. Looks like you found the perfect thing for your grandson. Hugs!

daiseedeb said...

LOVE Elmo. He is the sweetest. Great find!