Friday, February 5, 2016

Canon Camera: Change the Battery Pack – Error Fix

Over a month later, I decided to blog about something that happened on Christmas day.  On Christmas day I got my camera out to take pictures/videos.  I only got a few pics/videos before my camera showed the message: change the battery pack.  Ok, no problem…… I’ll just get another charged battery.  When I turned my camera on, I still got the same message.  I tried a third charged battery and got the same message.  That was the last of my charged batteries so I missed some shots that I really wanted.
At first I thought my charger was bad and that it hadn’t really charged the batteries so I tried another charger and got the same message.  A few days later I decided to look on YouTube to see if anyone else had had this problem.  Sure enough, there was the fix to my problem….too bad I didn’t think of YouTubing the problem before I missed some fun Christmas shots.
Anyways, here is the information I watched, tried, and yes, it worked.  My camera is now back to snap, snap, snapping photos.
My camera is a Canon PowerShot SX210IS:

IMG_2553

Within seconds, I had it fixed and all I had to do was put my battery in the camera and place a piece of folded paper (in my case, I used a piece of thin cardboard) over the battery then shut the battery door.  Very simple fix and saved me the cost of taking it somewhere to have it fixed. – Yeah!

IMG_2555

IMG_2557

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

Yeah!! How horrible, especially on Christmas! I'm so glad you figured it out, cameras are expensive to fix, and they usually have to send them somewhere, and it takes forever.

Youtube has saved my bacon more than once. My daughter fixes everything by watching Youtube videos. She fixed her washer, her dishwasher, and even put in a new stereo in her car . . . by herself with it!

Thanks for the info!

Hugs,
Barb

LeAnn said...

I love that we can go to the Internet for these types of questions. I am happy for you that you could fix it easily. I do enjoy your photos. Hugs!