Friday, January 22, 2016

Blue Heron on the River

I needed to deliver a key to a friend today whose home is on the same road I take to go to the mine hill bridge.  Before delivering the key, I decided to go see the contrast between the snow and the water.  It was nice and sunny and the scenery was beautiful.
IMG_2276

IMG_2277

IMG_2279

As I was leaving, I thought I saw something on the rivers edge so I zoomed in on my camera and got this picture of a blue heron.  I kept whistling and talking and trying to get him to fly so I could get some video footage, but he was staying put……………..

IMG_2281

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had another scenic trip. Looks pretty and a good picture of the heron..Max

LeAnn said...

Very lovely photos; good job. Loved the bird one; sweet! Have a blessed Saturday my friend! Hugs~

daiseedeb said...

Hey! I've seen that heron on our back yard creek! I didn't know what kind of bird it was, though. THanks for teaching me something new today! ; )

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

Happy Birthday!!

What beautiful pictures, I love to see the reflections in the water, so pretty. I never see Blue Herons here, I've seen quite a few up Spencer way, but never in my neck of the woods. They are so pretty, and they look tall! Thanks for sharing your pictures today, they are gorgeous!

Hugs,
Barb

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Marsha. Hope you had a nice birthday. Great pictures, as usual, although just looking at all that snow makes me shiver. It was only 70 degrees here today. ;-) Enjoy the rest of the weekend - have a good Sabbath!