Friday, January 22, 2016

Elmo Birthday Smiles

My birthday and my grandson’s birthday are one day apart.  Since my daughter’s husband had Martin Luther King day off of work, they decided to come to our home early and celebrate our birthdays  together. It was such a nice weekend…..always love it when my family comes to visit.
Since my soon to be, 2-year old grandson, is totally into Elmo, I decided to try and tackle an Elmo project.  I found a crochet pattern for Elmo on the internet and thought………….well, here goes nothing.  I didn’t have any red fuzzy wool yarn that the pattern called for and due to my living location, I didn’t have the means to purchase any.  I did, however, find some old yarn that had been my mothers, and it was the perfect red.  Not being a crocheter (I am learning from watching a lot of Youtubes) and with a lot of trial and error and many hours, Elmo came to be…….sorta!
Elmo is great for propping up a cell phone so my grandson can watch his favorite show…..Sesame Street, starring ELMO!
IMG_2267

I was trying to get my grandson to smile for a picture while he was watching Elmo but I wasn’t having much luck.  I kept telling him to say “cheese”, in hopes of getting a smile, but in all actuallity, when he said “cheese”, his lips/mouth did not give a smile effect. 
IMG_2265
Finally, I said “show grandma your teeth”…..and this is the reaction I got.  Too cute!
IMG_2270

After many persistant, grandma attempts, I was finally able to get the perfect smile!
IMG_2263

4 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

Happy Birthday . . . belated!! You did a great job on the crochet, especially for learning from YouTube!! I'm telling you, I have been trying to learn to knit from YouTube, and it's not so great, in fact I gave up! I decided I would learn Tunisian crochet, and it's really fun.

What a little doll, my goodness he's a cutie! You did get the perfect little grin!

I hope your day was fun and that you both enjoyed lots of birthday cake!!

Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

Elmo turned out good. Glad you were able to get him to smile. What a cutie he is. No wonder you enjoy hi visits.
..Max

LeAnn said...

Oh my gosh, he is so adorable. I am extra impressed with your crocheted Elmo. I loved it all! Happy Birthday dear friend and for you little one too. Hugs~

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a cute little guy! You grandson is adorable and his friend Elmo isn't bad either. You are so talented - seriously you are. Happy, happy birthday to you and your sweet little grandson!