Monday, January 11, 2016

Snowcicles

Buuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrr - it was definitely cold here this morning....it was a (get this) NEGATIVE 19 degrees.  And right now, it is almost 10:30am and we are still at a negative 2 degrees.  Hey, hey..... things are warming up.  It is now just a little past 12:30pm and we are now at 7 degrees. 
On Saturday, I took the following photos of snowcicles before they came crashing down.  The snowcicle closest to the center of the bunch was huge.  I don't ever remember seeing icicles hanging from the snow. 
 

4 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

That's crazy! Those big old icicles could do some damage, thank goodness it didn't go through the window! I will personally be really glad when the temps get a little warmer. We have been in the teens this week, just in the mornings, not the negative teens, and that's a huge plus for me! Stay warm and cozy by the fire!

Hugs,
Barb

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow - those things look dangerous!! Stay warm. We are only getting up into the low 60s here in AZ and hubby and I are sure we are going to freeze!! Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Looks cold to me. I would have to go break them. I like to break them off our house when we get them. Good thing they didn't go through the window...Max

LeAnn said...

Wow, I thought it has been cold here; but you are way cold. Those icicles are huge. Stay warm and have a cup of hot chocolate.
Sending hugs your way!