Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Bear World in Rexburg Idaho

When my sister and her husband came up for a visit the last part of June, one of the places we went to see was Yellowstone Bear World.  I have never been there before even though it is fairly close to our home.  We made one drive through, went and visited the gift shop and the petting zoo, then made another drive through.  On the first drive through, all the animals were out but it was getting close to the noon hour and heating up.  I guess the heat was making all the animals head for the shaded areas and by the second drive through, we didn’t see much activity.  So, just a hint…..if you go to bear world, do it earlier in the day when it is cooler and you will see more activity from the animals.  It was definitely worth going to, at least one time, if not more.  I am an animal person, so I enjoy going and seeing things like this.  Enjoy the ride through Yellowstone Bear World.

IMG_1015

IMG_1017

IMG_1018

IMG_1020

IMG_1023

This albino elk was beautiful.  He was standing at one point but when we got to his area, he was laying down.  Awesomeness!

IMG_1024

IMG_1016

IMG_1029

IMG_1031

Anything to get comfortable, right?!

IMG_1034

I even got to pet a deer.  I know, they are around our home place all the time but I’ve never been close enough to pet one.

IMG_1039

My sis and her hubby.

IMG_1035

IMG_1042

IMG_1043

IMG_1019

IMG_1046

IMG_1047

IMG_1026

IMG_1032

In the last two picture, look in the background and you will see a bear just chillax’n in the top of a dead tree.

IMG_1030

IMG_1030

4 comments:

LeAnn said...

Oh my gosh you got some great shots. We are in Idaho Falls today for a granddaughter's softball game. We have one son that lives here and another one lives in Sugar City. We come this way a lot and have never visited Bear World. We will have to try it sometime. I loved the last picture; amazing. I loved all of the photos.
Blessings and hugs for this one!

Anonymous said...

It was almost as enjoyable looking at your Pictures as it was when we actually drove thru with you. We had a great trip visiting you this year. Dean is still talking about it and telling his friends about It..Thanks for a great trip....Max

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

What fun pictures, and made even more fun by having your sister with you! As close as bear world is, I have never been there, can you believe it??!! That albino elk is so pretty, I don't think he would make it long in the wild, so good that he is protected. I am deathly afraid of bears, but that cute bear in the top of that tree is adorable, almost makes me want to give him a hug... :0)

Fun post, and I love that you put a picture of your cute self in them!! How's the knee . . . ?

Hugs,
Barb

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love places like that where you can get close to wild life. Looks like you had a great time there with your sister.