Sunday, May 3, 2015

Home Fire Scare

Last weekend as I was driving home from my daughters place and miles away from my home I noticed a lot of smoke in the air.  From the angle I was at, it looked very close to my home and I was getting a little worried.  The closer I got to home, the better the view was…..the smoke was not coming from my home area, at all.  Still curious as to where all the smoke was coming from, I passed right on by my home and continued to follow the smoke.  I kept driving for a few miles before coming to where the smoke was.  As it turned out, it was a controlled burn by the fire department, and I had nothing to worry about.  Whew!

IMG_0533

IMG_0534

IMG_0538

IMG_0539-001

From what I was told, the owners did not want to burn the old outhouse so while the fires were burning, the fire department was continually spraying the outhouse with water so it wouldn’t catch on fire.  Old outhouses are pretty cool…..I actually have one on my yard, too.

IMG_0540

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a hot time in the old town tonight..max

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha!

What a scare! Fire terrifies me, I would be so scared if I saw a fire close to my home!

Hugs,
Barb