Monday, May 25, 2015

May Christmas Tree

I just love this Christmas tree…..well, I call it a Christmas tree because to me, when the tree is in bloom, it looks like it has little miniature Christmas trees all over it.  When we went to Utah in May, my (now deceased) fathers tree was in bloom.  I’ve seen it in bloom many times but I have never known what kind of a tree it was and so I’ve always just called it a Christmas tree.  I finally decided to look and see if I could find the name of it by looking for a picture of it on Google Images.  Yes, there it was….my Horse Chestnut (Christmas Tree) Tree.
IMG_0574
IMG_0575-001
IMG_0576-001
IMG_0578
Here is an information You Tube that I found on the Horse Chestnut Tree:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73bCzw5SqA4

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty pictures. Should have asked me and I would have told you what it was. But then you wouldn't have had the fun of looking it up...Max

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

I've never heard of a, Horse Chestnut tree before, and yes, it does look like a little Christmas tree, it's beautiful! It's pretty fun having Christmas in May!

Happy Memorial Day!

Hugs,
Barb

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow that is a beautiful tree! Enjoy the week ahead.

LeAnn said...

Wow, I love the pictures of your Christmas tree. Thanks for the link on this one; I want to watch it. We need to plant some more trees in our yard so this might be a good one.
Blessings~