Thursday, April 30, 2015

Grandma Time Anniversary

This past weekend was GRANDMA TIME!  It was my daughter and her husbands anniversary.  Her husband set plans in motion (unbeknownst to my daughter) for me to come stay the night while he surprised her and took her overnight to a dinner/play at the Mystique Theater and then to Swan’s Inn for the night.  The next day they went to a movie and shopping.  I’m sure they had a great time, but I’m think’n I got the better end of the deal.  Grandma time is precious!  Even though my little grandson had a bad cold and his nose was constantly running, he was a very good boy.  My daughter checked in frequently to see how he was doing, but like I stated before…..he was such a good little boy.  He has his own little camo tunnel that he loves crawling through.  He would come through one end, turn around and head back through the other end.

IMG_0523

IMG_0525

He love to play peek-a-boo.  Every time you say the words, peek-a-boo, he covers his eyes and waits for you to say…there he is, then he moves his hands away from his face.  So-o-o-o-o-o darling!

Capture.JPG11.JPGabc123

And here he is making his lion sounds.  Too bad you can’t hear pictures because I’m sure you would be laughing if you could hear this picture, too……..”What Does the Lion Say”? 

Capture.JPGlion.JPG1

We also had a lot of video time.  He loves, and I don’t say that lightly, he totally loves to watch his cousins on the youtube.  They do a video blog (vlog), everyday and where he was not feeling well, grandma overdid it and let him watch their vlog, over and over and over again.  He sure knows what grandma’s Kindle is.  It got to the point that every time I picked up my Kindle, he would toddle over to the couch, climb up, turn around and sit, then wait for me to come sit by him so we could watch vlogs. 

IMG_20150426_155249343_HDR

I ended up staying overnight so I could go to church in my daughters ward because her husband was giving a talk and I wanted to hear him.  Then, I even stayed another night because my other daughter who lives in Utah is going to the temple for the first time on her birthday so we went to Idaho Falls and bought her all the things she would need for this special occasion. 
I think….no, I KNOW…it was a better anniversary for grandma than it was for my daughter and her husband.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

Oh my goodness, what a little doll! It looks like you both had a great time! The camo tunnel is so amazing, it looks like it is made of glass. . .or spinning, great photos. I really love the "binki", seriously, a baby grinning with a binki, just makes me grin! I think you did get the better end of the deal... :0)

You have a picture of yourself in the post!!! Yeah, very cute!

How exciting for your daughter . . . what a special time for your family!

Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, that you had the best time. I thought the tunnel looked fun. The picture of you two together was neat. - Max