Monday, May 11, 2015

Resteth…..Is That a Word?

This past week as I was studying and putting together my lesson to give in Relief Society, I came across a quote I was having a hard time understanding.  This is the part of the quote I was having trouble with: “And this condemnation resteth upon the children of Zion.”  Re-steth, re-steth, re-steth……you don’t know how many times I read this word over and over again trying to figure out what re-steth meant.  I thought to myself….wow….I have never heard of the word re-steth, before.  Even in Microsoft Office Word, the word resteth had the little squiggly lines underneath of it, telling me I had a misspelled word and it was not a word recognized by the Microsoft program.
Well, this goes to show you as proof, that me, being a red-head, will be the first to tell you that red roots grow deep and I was totally having a DUH moment.
It wasn’t until the next day that it dawned on me that the word was RESTETH.  I was reading the word as if the “e” was a long vowel instead of a short vowel sound, when actually it was just plain old resteth (rest-eth).
Ever have one of those days?…………Too funny.  It was just one of those precious DUH moments that I needed to post about.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Marsha~

That's too funny! I will be the first one to tell you that I am NOT a scriptorian, and some of the words that they use in the scriptures, just don't make sense!

After this week-end, I need some RESTETH! Any holiday is crazy at my house. Since my kids all live close, it's always a party!

Thank you for sharing the quote about mothers with me, it gave me chills! What a special thing, to share a wonderful quote each night!

I hope your Mother's Day was as special as you are!

Hugs,
Barb

LeAnn said...

I am afraid that I have many DUH moments. In fact due to using spell check too much my spelling is even getting bad. I loved this on!
Blessings~

Seth and Natalie said...

I came home and told Seth all about that one. So red headed of you!