Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Whatever Will Bee Will Bee

Not sure what was going on last evening but the exterior of our home was swarming with bees.  They were all over our hummingbird feeder, in the window sills, around the doors, etc.  There were so many bees that they kept flying into our windows.  That is how I first noticed that they were bees because I was seeing “bigger than fly's” all around the windows so when I got closer, I could see all the bees and I could hear them flying into the windows.  This was really weird.  My husband thinks the queen bee had to be near by for them to all just appear in the same area.  Whatever the situation or cause for them to congregate around our home, I’m glad they left when it started to get dark.  I tried to get outside to get some pictures but the bees were swarming the doors and I didn’t dare go out.  That’s pretty good when I’m afraid of tiny bees but not a huge moose standing in our yard.  But then again, moose don’t sting.  I was, however, able to take a few pictures from inside our home while they were on our hummingbird feeder but this was just a drop in the bucket to how many there actually were.  I hope this was a one-time-shot for them visiting our place.  

IMG_9423

IMG_9424

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For sure you don't want to mess with that many bees you better let them BEE...Max

Seth and Natalie said...

Wow, that is a lot of bees. Your house just must smell so sweet!

Anonymous said...

You need to get a bee feeder. nice picture...Janis...

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

Yikes!! It has just been a weird year! We have millions of Yellow Jackets, that are endlessly trying to get in! What is it they say . . . lots of bees or hornets means lots of snow? Or is it just the opposite? I never can remember!

Don't get stung!

Hugs,
Barb