Monday, September 29, 2014

Grandbabies…Little Angels From Heaven

On September 20th, my daughter, her husband and their precious little boy came to our home for a week-end visit.  Grandbabies….who would have known until experiencing for yourself what joy they bring to your heart.  Yes indeed….little angels straight from Heaven.

yyy

This is a picture of my daughter and her husband.  You can’t see their little boy in this picture, but he is there, just starting his journey, approximately one month old in the womb.

IMG_5623

A few weeks previous to their visit, my husband and I went out to our quonset hut and got out the old stroller that my daughter had as a baby, given as a gift by her great-grandmother.  After sitting there for many years, lets just say it was a LITTLE DIRTY!  I scrubbed and sanitized the stroller, took it apart and cleaned the little seat and our 32 year stroller was ready to go for our baby grandson. 

IMG_9544

Our plans were to take the stroller to the Mackay BBQ so we wouldn’t need to pack our baby boy around the entire time.  He loves the outdoors.  That morning, a few hours before the BBQ, my daughter and I went to a few yard sales and it was there that I decided we needed something to hook to the stroller to carry diapers, baby bottle,  baby stuff, wallet, camera, etc.  I thought why not buy a pair of jeans, cut off the legs and sew across the bottom to make a bag and use straps made from the legs to make handles to tie to the stroller.  It worked like a charm…..problem solved.  We also took it with us when we went for a walk down our lane behind our home.

IMG_20140921_163507131

 IMG_9541

Oh, and yes, there is a feather sticking out behind our sleepy boys head…..compliments of my husband.

IMG_9532

I looked for over two hours today going through packages, photo stacks and boxes trying to find a photo of my oldest daughter in her stroller but was unable to do so.  I know I have one, somewhere.  I’m really thinking that I need to get organized and get all my photos scanned and put on disks. 

IMG_9595

I did, however, find a picture of her younger sister in the same stroller approximately 28 years ago, back when things were built to last.

IMG_9598

This stroller has had a lot of miles put on it and it’s still going strong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After making the bag for the stroller now we can call you the BAG LADY!!! HA HA The one picture of Grayson makes him look like a little indian chief with the feather behind his head..Max

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha!

Your grandbaby is adorable! What fun to get out the stroller she used as a baby! I still use the high-chair that we bought for my daughter almost 40 years ago!

Hugs,
Barb