Monday, September 29, 2014

Stove-Tec Weiner Roast

After the Mackay BBQ, on September 20th, later in the evening, our family had a wiener roast over our deluxe Stove Tec rocket stove.  We usually roast marshmallows too, making S’mores on fudge stripe cookies.  We have used this stove many times this summer.  It’s kind of a tradition that whenever we have family or company, we sit around the Stove Tec roasting hot dogs and marshmallows.  It makes for an easy meal and good conversation.  The nice thing about it is we can have the Stove Tec near the house because unlike a bon-fire, there are no sparks and not much smoke.  It’s all about making memories, good memories!  Taking photos was an after thought so I don’t have any pictures of us roasting hot dogs…………just the after effects of empty plates, used utensils, food and an almost burned out fire. 

IMG_9519

IMG_20140920_195411543

I purchased two of these solar light lanterns off of Ebay earlier in the year and put them on my hanging pole at the beginning of this summer.  I hung them out the back door, next to where we do our roasting.  I think they are so unique and pretty.  Besides the soft amber glow, you can flip a switch underneath and they will change colors from blue, purple, white, green and red.  I’ve since tried to get more but haven’t been able to find any and I’ve searched all over the internet.  Maybe I need to make a trip to Utah and BORROW back the ones I gave to my sisters for Christmas presents……………Ha!

IMG_9526 IMG_9529

m26387.jpgggg

No comments: