Friday, September 26, 2014

Pumpkin Oat Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Oh my, my, my, my, my!  I’m not sure where I got this recipe (I’m sure it was off one of the many blogs I follow) but it is definitely a KEEPER!  I love pumpkin…….pumpkin anything.  When I came across this recipe, I knew I had to give it a try.  I’m here to tell you this is one of the best pancake recipes I have ever tried (right up there with my “Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes”).  My first bite was one of…….this is not a pancake…..this is a delicious pumpkin bread made into a pancake form.  I thinned the batter a little more than the recipe called for and they came off the griddle perfect.

IMG_9568

IMG_9572

In other food blogs, they have the perfect set-up and most pictures look like they came out of a magazine.  I thought, I can do this, I can photo a pancake with a pat of butter on top with syrup being drizzled over the top.  I’m thinking these other photographers must have someone else pouring the syrup while they take the picture.  For my picture, it was just me, myself, and I.  It was not easy getting a photo of the syrup coming out of the bottle, while holding the camera and trying to get a focused shot.  Not quite like I had envisioned, but I did get one.

IMG_9576

And of course, I am including the recipe…………..

Capture

I went on line and looked and looked for the original recipe and I finally found it HERE.  EnJoY!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

We love pancakes at our house too! I can't wait to try this recipe, it looks so good. Do you think it would be good with Huckleberry syrup? I'm gonna try it!

Thanks for the recipe!

Hugs,
Barb