Saturday, September 27, 2014

Hearty Little Fall Flowers

Ok, here it is, the end of September and I thought that basically all my flowers had died after a hard freeze we had a few weeks ago.  Yesterday, as I was out walking around our yard, I noticed a few flowers that have chosen to stand proudly.  I was quite shocked at the first blooms I noticed.  It is a picture of our Bridal Wreath bushes.  I couldn’t believe it when I spotted a cluster of white flowers blooming as pretty as ever.  Bridal Wreath Bushes DO NOT BLOOM in September.  I have only seen my Bridal Wreaths bloom in Spring……not in the Fall when leaves are changing colors.  Strange.

IMG_9581

The next flower is my one and only Columbine flower.  All the others that line the front of our home have long ago bloomed and gone.  This one stands alone…..so big and pretty, you’d think it was Spring/Summer.

IMG_9584

Now this little flower decided to plant itself here.  I have a few of these Viola (Johnny Jump-Ups) flowers planted in a barrel around the other side of our home, not even close to where this little plant decided to take root.  This one is also much prettier than the ones in my barrel that are almost gone, too.

IMG_9565

You can really feel the changes in the air with the coming of Fall.  Even though Fall is one of my most favorite times of the year, I did enjoy these little flowers bringing a bit of Springtime joy into my life.

No comments: