Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Dehydrating Carrots

On Saturday, hubby and I went to work peeling, slicing, and dehydrating carrots.  My husband pulled and peeled the carrots and I washed, cut off tops, sliced and loaded the dehydrating machine.  I have a Moulinex “Kitchen Works” ultimate food slicing/grinding machine that I received many years ago (before marriage) from hosting a Tupperware party at my parents home.  It sure makes my slicing task much easier.  This machine is so wonderful that I actually purchased another one on E-Bay last year….just to have on hand.

Moulinex Food Grinder

Loading trays of carrots….

IMG_9585

Starting to load dehydrator…………….

IMG_9587

When all trays were loaded and ready for the dehydrating process, we had a total of twelve trays.

IMG_9588

We set the timer for 3 hours and the temperature at 150 degrees.  After three hours, the carrots were not quite dry so we set the dehydrator to run for another hour.  After the four hour drying process, we ended up with tiny, shriveled carrots………just right for adding to soups, stews, and casseroles.  A perfect solution for those cold winter days soon to be upon us.

IMG_9621

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like when we do apples you have nice full trays and when done you have about half of what you started with...Max