Monday, February 27, 2012

Wild Turkeys - Strutting Their Stuff

Ask me if I am excited about this blog.  As I was driving down the road today, I was talking to my friend on the phone and she stated that she was standing at her house and it looked like there were some wild turkeys standing on the road.  Immediately, my camera mode kicked in and I started asking her question after question after question......where exactly are they...how far from your house....are they right in the middle of the road.....yada, yada, yada.  At that point, I was only a few miles from her home so bee-lined it, I did.  When I spotted them, I slowed down and drove slowly to where they were.  I rolled down my window hoping to get a good picture of them when to my surprise, they strutted right over to my car.  I don't know if this is the right terminology or not but I'm going to call it P.P. (Photographer Palpitations).  I was pretty excited about getting photos of these fellas.  What a moment for me.  I've never been this close to wild turkeys before.  My first thought was.........I sure wished my father was here to see this.  After shooting shot after shot, it dawned on me once again that I had video mode on my camera.  At this time, the turkeys were moving away from my car so I hurried up and dialed video mode on my camera and started rolling the action.  Can you believe it....I only had about 1 minute of video action when my camera flashed...insufficient memory.  Go figure.







If you would like to view this video in a larger format, just click on the address below. If this does not work, just copy and paste the link into your internet address bar.

8 comments:

Amber Sayer Walker said...

What the heck!? That's AWESOME! Some great photos, Mom! I've never seen them that close, either.

Anonymous said...

No wonder you were excited about these pictures. They are beautiful birds. Can't believe the color in them. You are right dad you have loved to see these. These are probably a once in a life time shot. How lucky can you get? Max

Anonymous said...

I Love Them I Wish I could Of been There How many Were their love Me --Janis

camille said...

Marsha, you live in photography heaven! I so envy you ;)lol. I love your photo's!

*Thanks for being so sweet to me. Keep in touch! :)

Bridget and Ellyn said...

They are beautiful, I never thought I'd say that about turkeys.
Great pictures.

Clayton said...

That's really awesome Aunt Marsha. Wished I could have seen them. AWESOME!

Seth and Natalie said...

Those pictures are gorgeous! You should enter it in that i-pod winning Idaho thing. Who know turkeys were so colorful? I bet one of those has been roped by a "certain young men's leader" before :)

Anonymous said...

I've looked at those cool pictures of the turkeys you sent me a number of times to see if I can see some hen turkeys because they usally only strut to impress the female turkeys. I can't see any female turkeys around which leads me to believe that they thought you was a female turkey. HA!!!!!!!!!HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!