Monday, February 20, 2012

African Violet Happiness

I just love this little African Violet plant that sits in the middle of my dining room table.  It's been sitting there for over five years, blooming off and on all year long.  In these photos I took 2 days ago, it is just starting to bloom.  Before it is done blooming, the top will have a mass of blossoms.  Where it sits, it gets sunlight most of the day from windows on either side of my dining room.  It is really happy growing in that spot so I have never moved it, except when company comes and we need the table space.  I received it from a co-worker and I don't think she has a clue as to the joy this little plant has brought to my life.  I love plants..........my entire dining room is filled with plants.....18 to be exact, and some of the bigger potted plants have numerous plants in one pot.  Plants are a living form of life that I can enjoy each and every day.  I have one plant that I use to judge my watering schedule.  If I forget to water my plants, this one particular plant practically lies on the floor, letting me know that I need to water all my plants.  When I give it, and all the other plants water, in no time that plant is once again standing up tall and beautiful.  Ah, Joy and Happiness...............that's what my plants are.

2 comments:

Seth and Natalie said...

That violet is especially beautiful with it's fluttery edges! I am bad at watering and only do when all of my plants are laying on the ground.

Amber Sayer Walker said...

Ha ha! Funny. One of my friends was just telling me how bad her husband is at watering. When she leaves town, her plants are usually dead when she comes back. One time she actually came home to find her potted plants in the middle of the yard so the sprinklers would hit them!