Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Dominion Griddle - The Best

Is there anything better on an early, Saturday morning, than pancakes on the griddle and fried eggs?  Actually, yes.......I also like bacon (didn't have any) and hash browns (after thought).  But if nothing else, the pancakes and eggs were great.
And, the best griddle I have every had, is one that has to be, I'm thinking, at least 40-50 years old (for a surety, 35 years old).  It was my husbands mothers griddle and she passed away in 1982, so how long she had it before that time, I do not know.  One thing I do know, is it is the best, ever.  I've used it a L.O.T in the years since her passing and it cooks everything great.  It has even heating throughout the entire cooking space.
It is very well seasoned and by the few scratches it has, I don't think that the top was originally black.  It has seen its day.  When I first started using it, it did not have a temperature dial on it so I took the face plate off of an old wrist watch and adhered it in place so I would know where to place the setting for pancakes and then if I cook something else, I adjust accordingly.  When I got it where I liked it for pancakes, I put the watch face plate where I needed it so the number 3 space (my lucky number) would be my cooking spot.  It's gotten a bit grungy over the years, but hey, it works.
The name brand is "Dominion" and it was manufactured in Mansfield, Ohio.  Oh how I wish I could find another one of these....you know....just to put in storage just in case something does happen to this one.
It is on its last leg, literally.  Both of the legs have been broken and mended a few times using liquid weld.
This leg actually got a dose of liquid weld this morning, after its busy morning of making pancakes.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wow, how fun is that! I loved reading about your griddle and how you preserved it. You are so creative in finding something to use to gauge your heat. I would have never thought of that one. I too love a good griddle and have one I like but it isn't that old.
Sending loving thoughts your way!