Wednesday, December 20, 2017

FROST.....Thick - Heavy - Beautiful

I can't even begin to tell you how beautiful our valley was on December 8th & 9th.  I've seen thick frost, but never this thick.  It was so heavy it actually broke off a big branch from our birch tree.  Some of it looks like snow, but it was ALL frost!  I actually had over 50 photos loaded to post but I figured that was totally an overload so I cut it way back.  I took 145 photos and I thought cutting it to 50 was doing good, but then I cut two more times.  Beautiful, beautiful...no other words can describe it.  Even pictures can't tell the beauty of what we were able to witness.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
And yes, that is my husband out there working in the heavy frost, trying to clear out old, dead trees.
 
 
 
 
The sun shining at the bottom of this bush almost made it look like it was on fire. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

daiseedeb said...

Such beautiful pictures Marsha! My favorite is the one with the brown leaf. Just beautiful!

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

WOW!! That is the heaviest frost I have ever seen, it's gorgeous! It looks like you live in an enchanted forest, truly, it's amazing! I think you should send some of these photos to Channel 3 - then frame them, they are just beautiful! I can't believe that your husband could even work in all that frost, I would have just stood...in awe. We got about an inch of fresh snow today, but it's not nearly as pretty as your frost!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

LeAnn said...

Wow, I don't think I have ever seen thick frost lke this before. You got some admazing photos. We have had frost the last while and no snow at all. At least the frost looks more like light snow for this time of year.
Loved the photos! Blessings and hugs!

Anonymous said...

Jack frost really had fun at your place. Pictures are really pretty....Max

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Oh my goodness! That is stunning.
That had to be some bitter cold those two days.

The frost! Wow! The frost.

Mother Nature is the best artist.

Your view of the mountains is lovely.

Merry Christmas!