Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Homemade Wassail

I came across this recipe for homemade wassail. I thought this would be a great gift to give to the families my husband home teaches, for the sisters I visit teach, family, friends, and neighbors.  When I first read the recipe, I imagined that it wouldn't taste very good where the basic ingredients were Tang, Country Time Lemonade, and Sugar.  I thought the small amounts of cinnamon, cloves, and ginger would totally be over powered.  It sounded like it would be way to sweet, but I bought the ingredients and gave it a try.  To my surprise, it was actually very good.
Yesterday, my husband and I went to Idaho Falls and while there, I found the cutest little octagon, pint jars at Walmart so I purchased two 4-packs.
Image result for sharing jars ball
So after finding the jars, today I went to work making wassail.  It mixed together really quick and before I knew it, I was done.  All I did was fill each jar with wassail, make an instruction label that I adhered to the top of each lid before screwing on the ring, and tied a knot with ribbon around the top neck of the jar.  Voila.....DONE!
 

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

Yum, I love homemade wassail, and I know that this is a good recipe...I make it! It's not too sweet, not too spicy, it's just perfect! At home, we always called it, Russian Tea, but it didn't have tea in it. It's so perfect for Christmas and on a cold snowy day...your friends and neighbors will love it!! And what cute labels, you are so talented!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That is adorable!!! Such a great idea!

LeAnn said...

Wow, I loved your idea! Thanks for the recipe too. It looks like something to try maybe next year for gift. Hugs~