Thursday, September 29, 2016

Snake Pit Traffic and See How They Run

On September 6th, I drove to Utah…………aghhhhhh……would you just look at the traffic!  The white car on the right, with the vertical black stripe…well, the license plate reads: VNMOUS.  I’m thinking that it translates into VENOMOUS!  That’s about how I feel when driving through Utah traffic…like a venomous snake pit…just slowly making my way through without getting bit (Sorry to all my Utah family and friends for being so negative but…..).  The traffic at this point was at a total stand-still so I hurried and grabbed my camera and took this photo.

IMG_3283

Actually, due to a truck dumping hay along the freeway, there were many stand-stills, not going more the 5 mph at any given time.  Most of the hay had been loaded onto a big trailer by the time I got to it, but it took me over 30 minutes to go from 33rd down to 72nd.

IMG_3286

The next evening after arriving in Utah, my daughter and I went to the Hale Theatre in Orem to watch “See How They Run”.  We’re talking HILARIOUS, from start to finish.  I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed laughing so much.  The actors/actresses were fabulous. The following photo is one I used from their website and the next three are pictures I took, showing the stage set-up.

image
image

IMG_3289

IMG_3290

IMG_3294

We were sitting on the third row up with a perfect view of the entire play.  Perfect evening………………

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The last time I was in Idaho we had to completely turn around and go a different way because a truck lost a load of bees. Now I ask you would you rather have a little slow traffic because of hay or tangled with bees. Ha Ha I must admit that utah traffic is bad..Max

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I can't believe the traffic in Utah - it drives me crazy . . . pardon the pun!! I avoid it like the plague.

I love, See How they Run, one of my favorite plays! What a fun night!

You must be feeling better, because you're not slowing down... :0)

Enjoy General Conference...I love this time of year!!

Hugs,
Barb

LeAnn said...

Yes, Utah traffic is the worst ever and we have lived in more than one state. I hate the freeways and try to advoid them like the plague.
The play looks like a fun one. I am happy you had a good trip to Utah. You must visit me sometime; I would like to meet you.
Hugs~