Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Press Forward with a Steadfastness in Christ

I know that the 2016 Young Women’s Theme is ending in January, but this morning I was thinking about the theme, “Press Forward with a Steadfastness in Christ”, and decided to make a poster for it. 
It was rewarding to me working with this theme that comes from 2 Nephi 31:20 (Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life), keeping me totally focused on Christ.  I found many, many frames to use but then I would look at it and think to myself……no….not this one….it’s not elegant enough for Christ.  I think of when temples are built and how everything is so elegant and beautiful…only the best for Christ, and that is the kind of frame I wanted to use. I ended up choosing a frame that was elegant for Christ, but had the golden bow which added a touch of beauty for  Young Women.
I found numerous pictures of Christ in the red robe, which is the painting I wanted to use.  Many of them were much brighter and showed more color in them but when I blew them up to a larger format, it was the eyes in this one that held my attention.  The face is softened and in his eyes, I saw the compassion and tender mercies of the Lord.

image

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on your picture. I like that picture and have it in my bedroom...Max

daiseedeb said...

You are such a talented lady, missy. A beautiful creation. ; )

LeAnn said...

Oh my sweet girl; I really love this one. It is so beautiful and this is one of my vary favorite scriptures. I just love it! Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I have loved the YW/YM theme for this year, your poster is just beautiful! We have had some really wonderful activities based on feasts, hope, steadfastness, and pressing forward, it has been awesome.

Hugs,
Barb