Tuesday, September 27, 2016

September Horseshoe Tree/Entryway

Since September is basically over, I thought I’d hurry and post about the decorations I used for my monthly horseshoe tree.  I didn’t really have anything for August so I didn’t post, and September decorations were really late in coming.  When I went to Utah a few weeks ago, I finally found something I liked.  I went to Gordmans, a store in Utah, where I found the cutest acorns.  All I needed to do was put some type of hanger on them so they would hang on my tree.  The gold ribbon doesn’t match too well but for this year, it is what it is.

IMG_3355

For the top of the horseshoe tree, I found this beautiful, burnt orange colored ribbon…..also from Gordman’s.  One side of it is a burnt orange color and the other side is dark brown.  I love the style of it where it isn’t an all solid ribbon and the colors will work for any of the Fall/Autumn holidays.

IMG_3356

They don’t show too well, but the pinecones laying on the desktop are tipped in a burnt orange colored glitter, blending it together with the color of ribbon and the trim on the acorns. 

IMG_3353

I purchased the Fall leaf goblets at Ross Dress For Less.  Another store where I can usually find cute decorations.

IMG_3352

It was a rush, rush job but I think it all came together nicely.  I’m not what you would call a decorator, but I do have fun looking for items to decorate this little corner of my world.

IMG_3351

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That turned out cute. You have really come up with some cute ideas for your tree. I wait each month to see what you will come up with..MAX

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I sure did miss a lot in the last two weeks! Love the horseshoe tree!! So adorable, you come up with the cutest ideas!

Hugs,
Barb

LeAnn said...

I think your decorations for your horseshoe tree are adorable. I like the ribbon so I may go get some myself. You do have such fun ideas and I loved this one! Sending hugs your way!