Friday, June 12, 2015

Sister Missionaries Meet Cows

The last part of May, the Sister Missionaries came to my home to pick up a lace temple bracelet that I had made to give them.  It was so funny to hear this comment…..”how do you drive through cows”, the minute I opened the door.  The Sister Missionary who was driving evidently got stuck behind a herd of cattle being driven up the road.  While she was excited and explaining what had happened, I pictured this huge herd heading up the road.  I calmly explained to her that you just keep driving at a very, very low speed as you pass through and the cattle will move for you.  She said that is exactly what she had done but there were crazy people that were driving through the cattle at a faster speed.  She didn’t stay long as she rushed to their car, wanting to get on the road before the cattle passed in front of our home.  She didn’t want to get stuck behind the cattle, again.  TOO LATE – Ha!  The photos tell the entire story from start to finish.
IMG_0790
IMG_0791
IMG_0792
IMG_0793
IMG_0794
And yes, the Sister Missionaries were headed in the same direction as the cows.  And about that herd of cattle……as it turned out, the herd looked to be under 20 head.  I’m still laughing………….

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame on you laughing at the city girls. It is funny though...Max

Barb said...

Hi Marsha!

That's funny!! I'm sure they were flabbergasted when they saw the cows, and unless you live where they herd cows down the road, you really don't know how to drive through them . . . funny stuff!

Did you make the lace temple bracelet? I would love to have the pattern?!

I love that your Lilacs are still in bloom!

Hugs,
Barb

Deb J. in Utah said...

Funny story about the cows and missionaries - missionaries learn all kinds of things while serving! Yes, I second Barb - I would love to see pictures and a pattern for the temple bracelet. I have seen some with beads at Deseret Book, but they are kind of pricey. Have a great weekend, and thanks again for all the help and advice with my Kindle purchase. Amazon should give you a commission ;-)

Seth and Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Those sisters...........! I had no idea their giant herd of cows was so puny and easy to drive around.

Natalie

LeAnn said...

What a very fun stories. I can just imagine how the sisters were feeling about it all. Cars and cows need patience.