Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Husband and Daughter Planting Garden

Just after our daughter made her surprise visit on Memorial Day weekend, she headed out to the garden with her dad to start planting.  It was such a beautiful evening and they actually planted most of the entire garden.  My husband takes pride in his garden skills every year, but in all honesty, I sometimes get tired of all the canning.  You know, the old grey mare she ain’t…………………..  Although, thanks to a good friends knowledge, she taught me a much easier way to shell out the peas.  I may get tired, but the rewards far out way the task of canning.
The tall fence around the perimeter of our garden works great for keeping out the deer but it does absolutely nothing for the bunnies.  The bunnies are so cute but not when it comes to gardening.  Year before last they took out quite a few of our beets.  I guess they were feeling sorry for me and decided to help me out by getting rid of some of the produce – Ha!
When it comes right down to it, yes, a garden is a lot of work, but only in a garden can you feel so much satisfaction about what you’ve accomplished.  Well, unless you want to count your children….but then again, there we have a whole new story!
As I type this blog, I am reminded of the words of the Prophet, Ezra Taft Benson, stating this…….The revelation to produce and store food may be as essential to our temporal welfare today as boarding the ark was to the people in the days of Noah.
IMG_0741
IMG_0735
IMG_0742
IMG_0747
IMG_0748
IMG_0751
Our daughter took a picture of me taking pictures of my husband.
Evan.Marsha in Garden 5.22.15
IMG_0745
IMG_0746

2 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

You have such a lovely, spacious place for your garden. I think we have given up on gardening, until such time as we move back to the North Country (translation- Utah). Everything I plant is dead by June, here in the desert, so I have given up, although some around here do winter gardens. Can wait to see your harvest in the fall!

Anonymous said...

He always has a nice garden. Why Don't you send him down to plant us one....Max