Thursday, June 4, 2015

Lemon Banana Nut Bread French Toast

My daughter came up from Utah to visit us over Memorial Day weekend.  It was a total surprise…..I was sitting at my computer and in she walked….total happy dance, for sure.
While she was here, she talked about a restaurant she had gone to that served French toast made from banana nut bread.  Yummers, that sounded good, so we took it one step further and made lemon banana nut bread to see how it would taste made into French toast.   We baked and sliced the lemon banana nut bread the night before then got up in the morning, dipped the slices in an egg/milk mixture, placed them on a lightly greased griddle and browned both sides to a nice golden brown.  Ok…….…the results are in……….….drum roll please………….TASTE BUD EXPLOSION!

IMG_0756

IMG_0757

image

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good enough to eat...Max

LeAnn said...

Thanks for this recipe; it looks so delicious. I will have to try it for sure. How awesome to get a surprise visit from your daughter.
Blessings~

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha!

The Lemon Banana Nut Bread French Toast looks amazing! I love the recipe too, anything that I can make with a cake mix and a few other ingredients is something I can totally do!

How fun to have your daughter surprise you with a visit! I love surprises!

Hugs,
Barb

Anonymous said...

I'm back. It does Look Good, I Want To Try It...Janis....