Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Crazy For You – A Musical Comedy

A short time ago, I went to Lehi, Utah to visit family.  It was a fabulous week.  Besides myself and other family members, my two daughters, son-in-law, and grandson were also there.  The first night I was there (August 1st), one of my daughters, my cousin, and I all went to see a live play “Crazy For You”.  This play was fabulously hilarious.  It was just a good old home town play, but it was good enough that I went again a week later with my other daughter and the same cousin.  It lasted over 2 hours.  The play was presented by the Lehi Arts Council and was held in a pretty small place, seating a little over 100 persons.  The second time around, we were front row and center……talk about being part of the play….we were that close – FuN!  I thoroughly love seeing live plays.  Each time you see one, even if it’s the same play, you see different things.  Happy time!

In Crazy For You a stage-struck New York boy, in the 1930’s, Bobby Child, is sent to a small, poor town in Nevada to close down the local theater. Soon Bobby falls in love with the theater owner’s daughter, Polly. In order to save the theatre, he dreams up the idea to put on a show to raise money for the theatre. It shows how anything is possible when you have a dream and good friends to make it happen.  In the end, the town is reinvigorated, the theatre is saved and Bobby finds love.  The story proves how love can conquer all, even when you don’t see it at first.

image

IMG_9116

IMG_9117

IMG_9118

IMG_9119

No comments: