Saturday, August 23, 2014

Provo Tabernacle/Provo City Center Temple

While I was in Utah this last time, my sister, her husband, and I went to eat at Sizzler.  I haven’t been to Sizzler in some time and it really tasted good.  After leaving Sizzler, my sister and her husband went one way to their home and I went the other way to get back to where I was staying.  On my route, I went past the remodeling of the old Provo Tabernacle (my husband and I had our second date at the Old Tabernacle – Fireside) to see the changes being made to make it the New Provo City Center Temple.  The Provo Tabernacle was such a beautiful, older building before a major fire destroyed it.  I found the below (2 pictures) off of Google Images. 

provo_tabernacle.jpg hh Capture

But, as most of you know…..all was not lost and as I stated above, it is being restored as a temple.  It will be exciting to see it in all its restored glory!  From what I understand, it is being restored to resemble the old tabernacle.  Mind you, the following pictures were taken out of my vehicle as I was driving up to and past the building restoration.  And no, I did not take my eyes off the road.  I kept my eye on the road and just held my camera up and hoped for the best and took a few photos.  I did need to crop and adjust so you could get the best views that I got.  On my next visit to Utah, I will need to take the time, find a place to park, and get some better photos.

IMG_9107

IMG_9108

This is a picture of how the temple is supposed to look after all the restorations.

566x270

If you want to read and learn more about this beautiful, historical building, you can go to the FOLLOWING SITE.

No comments: