Thursday, August 14, 2014

WICKED – The Untold Story of the Witches of OZ

This past week, I attended three live plays….one of them being the Broadway Play, WICKED…showing at the Capitol Theatre, in Salt Lake City, Utah.  I love seeing plays and watching the talents of others.  If given the opportunity, I could see a play every week.  But this, Wicked, was the play of all plays.  I never realized how magnificent Broadway Plays could be.  The scenery, costumes, actors………………..All wonderful!

They were very strict on taking photographs, of any kind.  My son-in-law was just going to take a picture of us all sitting together and a lady approached us and said it was prohibited.  We weren’t even facing the stage but like I said, they were very strict about photos.  There was a flyer inside the program that stated: The taking of photographs and the use of recording devices are prohibited by law and can be dangerous to the performers.  The only problem with this was that it was inside the program, which we hadn’t opened yet, so how were we to know this if we hadn’t opened our programs?  (Oops, as I was posting my ticket stub, I noticed that it is on the ticket about cameras.  Aside from that, what a wonderful, wonderful evening.  Oh, and to top it off, it was my oldest daughters birthday – what a birthday, huh?!

Before attending, I thought to myself….people are nuts to spend that much money just to see a play.  Well, this is where I eat my words/thoughts.  If given the opportunity, GO!

Wicked Poster

 IMG_9112

IMG_9113  IMG_9128

Here are some pictures and information about the Capital Theatre that I got from Google Images………..

The Capitol Theatre is one of Salt Lake County’s most beloved buildings and has been a Downtown landmark since 1913. Today the Capitol Theatre is known for its elegant turn-of-the century architecture and serves as the home for Ballet West, Utah Opera, Children’s Dance Theatre, and Broadway Across America — Utah.

Capitol Theatre

Before the play, we were going to eat at “The Cheesecake Factory”.  When we arrived, it was an 80 minute wait time, time we didn’t have, so we looked around and found a place called “Tuscan BRIO Grille”.  It was a nice evening so we asked if we could sit on the patio to eat.  Good food, fun atmosphere.

IMG_20140802_182359148 IMG_20140802_182412164

I know it was my daughters birthday, but it was such a special evening and now I think about it, it felt like it was my birthday, too!

No comments: