Sunday, August 17, 2014

Mr. Moose – Our Personal Tree Trimmer

Mr. Moose was on our back yard again this morning.  When we first spotted him, he had his head in our flowering crab apple tree, eating away.

IMG_9139

No, no, no!  This wouldn’t do.  I wanted some MOOSE Pictures and I wanted them full view.  I had our dining room window open so I started tapping on the window and calling moose, moose.  It worked, he came right out into the open.

IMG_9141

IMG_9143

IMG_9151

Here is where I decided to brave it.  I opened our back door very slowly and stepped out on the porch, being sure to leave the door open in case I needed a quick escape.  I took measurements and I was exactly 38 feet (12 yards 2 feet) away from Mr. Moose.  Ok, I’ll save you trouble of saying it…..what was she thinking…..doesn’t she know how dangerous a moose can be.

IMG_9153

IMG_9152

Look how small our clothesline pole, changed to a hanging plant pole, looks in comparison to Mr. Moose.

IMG_9156

After talking to him in very friendly language, he decided to move on, crossing over our fence. But of course, when he crossed the fence, he moved back over to the trees so I couldn’t get much video coverage. 

*

After crossing the fence, he stayed close to our yard so I started out very slowly, then ran for cover by our vehicle so I could get some more pictures.  He kept his head down eating fresh pasture with a mix of grass and alfalfa so out came my moose, moose call.  You can tell how how much my moose, moose call intimated him.  And, oops………sorry you had to witness his little potty break……….life happens.

*

This is Mr. Moose with a last parting look before running off into the trees.

IMG_9161

*

There is a catch here with nature.  I love to see Mr. Moose but he sure left a mess in his path.

IMG_9165

IMG_9167

IMG_9166

IMG_9176

But, I guess there’s always a bright side.  Just yesterday, I was telling my husband that we needed to trim the tree branches that lined our driveway because every time we walked towards the house, we needed to duck and move other places to avoid getting wacked in the head with low branches.  Look what Mr. Moose did for us………No more low hanging branches.

IMG_9168-001

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is one cool moose.these are some great pictures...Janis...