Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Vehicle Crash By Our Home

I was standing at the kitchen sink yesterday when I looked out the dining room window and saw brake lights on cars and that they were moving very slowly down the road.  My first thought was…….I hope nobody hit a deer or a moose.  As I went to my living room window to see if I could see if anyone needed help, there was a group of bikers, an ambulance and a fire truck near our driveway.  You can barely see it, but the ambulance is behind the fire truck.  I had a sick feeling in my stomach because if a biker hit a deer or moose it could have serious consequences.  Not long after taking a few photos, the bikers all got on their bikes and headed out. 

IMG_9282

IMG_9281

IMG_9279

What in the world was going on……….after the bikers left, a guy came, stopped along the side of the road, got out of his vehicle and was directing traffic with a stop/slow sign.  I decided to go out of the house and ask him if he knew what was going on.  He informed me that a person had gone off the other side of the road a short distance before our home and ended up on our side of the road just past our driveway.  I don’t know any details of how this person is doing or anything beyond that but here is how it looked after the ambulance had left.

IMG_9283

Upon getting closer, I could see that the person had wiped out portions of our fence and the policeman took down information so the insurance company could pay for fence replacement.

IMG_9284

IMG_9285

This person was lucky that they had missed the electric pole or that could have brought on an entirely new set of problems.

IMG_9286

IMG_9287

IMG_9288

IMG_9289

IMG_9290

I sure hope that everything is OK with whomever this person is.

1 comment:

Seth and Natalie said...

I actually was driving down to our pivots and came upon the crash at the same time as the ambulance. I think the lady driving was ok, because the ambulance didn't rush off in too much of a hurry. I bet she was trying to avoid some sort of animal.