Tuesday, August 26, 2014

3 Bull Moose On Back Yard

I was sound asleep this morning around 6:30 when my husband came in and woke me up to informed me that we had three bull moose out the back door.  I weighed the odds……moose, sleep, moose, sleep, for……….lets say 1/2 a second before scrambling out of bed to get my camera.  Was it worth it – YES!  Look at the photos and footage I took.  I totally braved it and stood right out on the porch (with the door open, of course).  I called my friends husband, also a lover of photography and he came down to get some photos.  He was much braver than I was though……he went down the steps and off to the side to get photos (no protection).  CrAzY!

IMG_9304

IMG_9312

IMG_9315

In this photo, this big guy was standing 24 feet (8 yards) from where I was standing on the porch and he was looking right at me.  Wowzers!

IMG_9318

Moose on Yard.1

Moose on Yard.2

Moose on Yard.3

While we had moose in front of us, we had some small deer bucks to the right of us watching what was going on.  There were more but I was only able to get one in the picture (blurry…sorry) and video.

IMG_9322

Curious Deer

Although not visible, there were actually three moose on the yard.  One was eating off the apple tree on the other side of the fence.  Somewhere after 7:30 am, one moose moved out to the corrals and then joined the others that had moved out to the hay field.  When we drove out to the hay field, we could see a cow moose in the mix.

Moose in Corral – Over the Fence

IMG_9338

IMG_9345

IMG_9349

IMG_9351-001

Moose Going Through Ditch & Hayfield

This next video is a little jumpy in spots because I was trying to get out from behind the open truck door and keep filming.

Moose Leaving Hay Field

1 comment:

Seth and Natalie said...

Really, your house is almost as good as going to bear world!