Monday, August 25, 2014

Robin Bathing & Hairy/Downy Woodpecker

Last evening, my husband and I strolled about a mile around our property and I took my camera in case I saw something fun.  We saw a few deer but I’ve taken many, many, many pictures of the deer and they weren’t at a close distance.  It wasn’t until we reached our own driveway again that I got something to take pictures of.  A robin was taking a bath in a puddle in our driveway and a Hairy (Downy) Woodpecker was on a pole close to the puddle.  I’m not sure if the woodpecker was a hairy or a downy.  They both look almost exactly the same but according to measurements and beak size, I’m assuming this one was a Hairy Woodpecker…..or, maybe not - Ha.  Where I live, there’s always something to take pictures/videos of.

Robin Bath In Mudpuddle

Hairy/Downy Woodpecker On Pole

Hairy/Downy Woodpecker On Pole – Pt. 2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup birds are fun to watch, some great pictures....Janis....